After soccer we headed to Firehouse Subs, Ash's favorite. I had promised her sometime this weekend we'd treat her to Firehouse. The Fab 5 were all together so my mama's heart was happy. After getting home the girls and I ran to town for some errands and our guys stayed home, rested, and watched the Olympics. We are L-O-V-I-N-G the Olympics right now!!! In fact, I've had to be taking me some naps during the day because we're staying up way too late to watch them.
While in town Ash got several inches cut off her hair. It looks so good. We also made our way to Walmart. I feel like I live there. In fact, I have several friends there who are employees. Spann is one of my favorites and he knows it. When leaving today I hugged him goodbye and told him I'd see him in a few days. He laughed. We joked about how much I've been in there this week. He sweetly responded, "You're spoiling me." He's so precious. We also saw a friend of Gigi and Gdaddy's. He was in line behind us. As we talked I helped him empty his buggy. He had these individual pieces of pie. He told me he was having company over after church tomorrow telling me many times, "I just hate eating by myself." Broke.my.heart. When we got to the car Hanna even commented on his individual pies.
I've been asking Jesus to help me be more thoughtful. He's being faithful to show me. I'm starting my list here because I know I won't lose it. It may include specifics for specific people. *Grin*
1. Invite lonely people to our house for dinner.
2. Know the names of the employees of the places you frequent.
3. Send people birthday cards rather than birthday texts or FB messages.
4. Takes pictures of items that remind you of people and send it to them.
5. Keep our family group meme text going.
6. Alec's favorite sub from Subway - foot long Italian, pepper jack cheese, honey mustard, lettuce, a little bit of mayo
7. Lick loves makeup bags.